To enhance your child’s learning at Fred Finn & in Irish Music, the teachers have recorded all the tunes in the current repertoire programme. This is a new initiative we are introducing, to provide the very best service we can for you and your child.
- Teachers have recorded each tune for your child in the following categories: Wind – for Tin Whistle & Flutes
Reed- for Concertinas & Accordions
Fiddle for string players
- Tunes are recorded in order from sheet 1 through to sheet 8
- The files are recorded in MP3s
- All tunes can be downloaded from our drop box links below.
- Polkas, Jigs & Reels are generally recorded at a fast pace first, followed by a slow pace in the same track.
- Irish music is an aural tradition & learning is hugely enhanced by listening to tunes & playing along with a recording
- We’re providing you with a superb learning tool for your child to use weekly when learning their tunes
- Children can download, save & listen to the tune they have for the week
- Children can play along with the recording on repeat.
- It helps ensure the rhythm of the tune is correct when learning.
- Children can listen ahead to future tunes
- It’s a great way of revising old tunes. Over time, children can start at track one and play along to all the tunes they know off by heart.
- A child can play along with another instrument other than their own teacher (e.g. a fiddle player could play along with the reed or wind version of the tune)